Job Title: Journalist
Hours per week: 10-20 hours
Position Description: Gift-Time Rugby Network is looking to hire a journalist to do write ups and follow stories about rugby teams, games, events, and individuals. The journalists will: (1) do research on stories; (2) have the opportunity to travel to teams locations and games; (3) keep a jot sheet; (4) analyze games; (5) run fact checks, proofread, format, and edit as necessary; (6) perform related duties as required
Required Special Knowledge, Abilities, Skills:
(1) Excellence in AP style writing
(2) Possess excellent editing and organizational skills
(3) Ability to interact with clients
(4) Possess and practice good judgment
(5) Excellent oral and written communication skills
(6) Impeccable attention to detail, self motivated, contributes to ideas and discussions
(7) Able to meet rigorous deadlines and work independently and with a team
(8) Ability to provide leadership, supervision and guidance to an extensive constituency at all levels in the company.
(9) Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others as part of an effective communications team while fulfilling the company’s mission of teaching, research, and service.
(10) Ability to use word-processing, spreadsheets, communication/design software, and related database programs.
(11) Some knowledge about rugby, or a willingness to learn about rugby
Email resumes and inquiries to: GiftTimeProduction@gmail.com