What a weekend of Rugby. The D1A playoffs officially began this past weekend. We had our inaugural D1A Bracket challengers submit their brackets in and are ready for a chance to take the Bracket challenge championship.
Here is a quick review on our point system:
Per correct pick
First round – 1 point
Second round – 2 point
Final Four – 3 points
Finals – 5 points
Champion pick – 8 points
Predicted score – Tie Breaker
After Week 1 here are our results from the D1A:
For the most part you can see that the favorites pretty much took this match. Lindenwood put their foot and leg into Colorado State. Utah narrowly escaped with a win over Cal Poly. Davenport ended Wheeling Jesuit’s winning run to move into round 2.
Now lets take a look at our participants.
Well, I definitely died on the west coast. Neither of my round teams won on the West Coast. Utah over Cal Poly and Lindenwood over Colorado State. My shame for betting against my Lindenwood people, shame shame on me. I was able to take the East coast with my correct pick of Davenport with the win.
Round 1 points: 1 point
Total Points awarded: 1 point
Pat Clifton came out strong, bring in his bracket and his knowledge. Pat when 3/3 on his picks for the first round. Can’t get mad at that knowledge.
Round 1: 3 points
Total Points Awarded: 3 points
Ryan Flynn was able to hold his own. Going 2/3 in the first round. Picking Lindenwood and Davenport to take their wins, but faltering on the Cal Poly pick.
Round 1: 2 points
Total Points Awarded: 2 points
Ranking to date
1. Pat Clifton (3pts)
2. Ryan Flynn (2pts)
3. GiftTime Egbelu (1pt)
The D1AA Bracket Challenge is still available. If you want, go ahead and download the bracket D1AA Rugby Bracket
- To participate, each contestant needs to download a copy of the bracket(s) that contestant wants to participate in
- Each bracket must be fully completed and turned in before the first date of the playoffs (D1A – April 18, 9:00am EST; D1AA – April 25, 9:00am EST)
- The winner will be determined by the points gained by the correct pick
First round – 1 point; Second round – 2 point; Final Four – 3 points; Finals – 5 points;
Champion pick – 8 points; Tie Breaker
Elite Eight – 2 points; Final Four – 3 points; Finals – 4 points; Champion pick – 7 points
- Tie breaker will be the predicted score of the championship match
- To submit brackets either:
- Prizes will be determined by how many brackets each participants
- Media prize – The Championship Belt
- Two Bracket Winner:
1st place – Gift-Time Rugby Network Trophy
2nd place – Gift-Time Rugby Network consolation prize
- Single bracket winner:
1st place – TBD
2nd place – TBD